That would be me! Hello, my name is Jillian. Welcome to my blog, where I write about things that interest me while I’m not writing novels.
A few things
- I am 25 years old, but I often forget what my age is. If you ask me, I’ll probably have to think about it for a second.
- I’ve played the guitar since I was nine years old and I still pull it out when I need to do something with my hands that is not typing.
- I like to write philosophical fiction, and no story of mine feels complete without at least one character that subverts the norms of gender, sexuality, or relationships.
- I am happier now than I have ever been before.
My life story
- I’m from a little town called Bennington, New Hampshire, in the northeastern US, where there are four seasons, we can’t see our neighbors through the trees, and we live free or die.
- I was an English major at St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York for three years.
- I graduated from St. Lawrence in 2009 with a BA in philosophy, having changed majors my senior year.
- After college I lived in Boston for a little while, and it’s still one of my favorite places.
- Now I live in San Diego, which is basically the opposite of Boston but is also one of my favorite places.
- Hallelujah, it’s raining labels - learn some queer words from my most popular post
- By the end of this post, “gender” may not look like a real word anymore - my gender, explained
- Monopoly, dining out, and DIY relationships - how I do relationships
- I am the Sultan from Aladdin, and you might be, too - Disney existentialism
- Capitalism, activism, and impure vegan eating - did I mention I’m vegan?
- Anyone could do it, but how many do? – lessons from my self-publishing test
Thanks for stopping by!